The Department of Physics with Mathematics and Computer science started functioning at WIRAS, in June 2010. The Department of Physics at WIRAS aims to become a nationally recognized research and educational unit.
The mission of Department of Physics is to teach and learn physics in a collaborative, performance-based community; to encourage observation and analysis of the natural world; and to provide the tools and skills to assist all community members to be contributors to society by solving problems and advancing our knowledge of the Universe.
As we serve our community, we strive to hold the following values
- Fostering a sense of community
- Striving for excellence in performance-based teaching and research
- Professionalism, integrity, and ethics
- Creating an environment of active learning and effective communication
- Striving for the highest qualities in all aspects of our work
Various programmes and activities are encouraged for all round development of the students so that they are enriched with greater values of life and develop service–mindedness. Technology plays an important part in education today and hence each department is provided with a LCD projector, and classroom teaching utilizes the multimedia and digital technology. Students are motivated to use these in the academic presentations.